welcome Le Guide di Paestum e Velia en
Just seeing is not enough. You need to know and understand what you are seeing!
Paestum, the most beautiful town of Magna Graecia!
2600 years of history and mythology
- Three imposing doric Temples, among the best preserved of ancient greek times;
- The Tomb of the Diver, an amazing example of painted graves;
- The bronze vases of the so called Heroon, very impressive and elegant;
- The metopes of the Hera sanctuary, among the most ancient ones of this linear type;
- The painted lucanian tombs and the particular grave artefacts, symbol of the richness and power of local aristocratic families;
Velia, an archaeological treasure in the National Park of Cilento
An absolutely fascinating site.
- Birthplace of Parmenides and Zenon, in ancient greek times, when the city’s name was Elea; Parmenides was a philosopher, he wrote the poem “On Nature” and founded the Eleatic school of Philosophy; Zenon was a disciple of Parmenides and member of the philosophical school; he was well known for the so called “Paradoxes”;
- The “Porta Rosa” (gate of the city), a masterpiece of ancient engineering and the only example of Greek arch in Italy;
- The bricks of Velia, peculiar and unique in Magna Graecia and Sicily, both for shape and for the stamps present on them;
- The impressive Angevin tower, which stands proudly on the Acropolis of the ancient city and offers a breathtaking view of the coast and mountains.
We wait for you to come and see all these wonderful places.
We look forward to offer you years of studies and researches, as well as the passion and love that we dedicate every day to our profession and to the territory where we live.